Celebrate Valentine’s Day this year with the sweetest dessert chocolate fondue board, complete with warm, melted chocolate, and all of the yummiest treats to dunk in and enjoy!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner (and it’s no secret that I adore Valentine’s Day and look for pretty much any excuse to celebrate the season of love!) This year, to celebrate, we’re breaking out all of the sweets, and naturally, that starts with chocolate. Chocolate fondue, to be exact. 😍
Valentine’s Day Dessert Chocolate Fondue Board
My girls are big fans of dunking things (it’s dip central in our house), so a melted chocolate “fondue”; a.k.a., a big bowl of melted chocolate, primed for the best kind of dessert dunking, seemed just right.
Hoping to celebrate Valentine’s weekend with the family at home? Try our “I Love You A Waffle Lot” Valentine’s Day breakfast board idea!
Scroll on for all of the sweet details of our Dessert Chocolate Fondue Board, made especially for Valentine’s Day.
How to Make a Valentine’s Day Dessert Chocolate Fondue Board
- sugar cookies or shortbread cookies (homemade or store-bought)
- pound cake, cut into cubes
- cotton candy
- strawberries, sliced or cut into hearts (optional)
- bananas, cut into thick slices
- valentine’s gummies
- bowl of melted chocolate
- toothpicks or fondue sticks (we glued heart rhinestones onto the tops of toothpicks)
- large wood serving board
- Start with a large board, like a cutting board or oversized wood serving tray. You can line it with a sheet of parchment paper, or for Valentine’s Day, heart-shaped doilies, to prevent some of the mess on the board itself.
- Place your melted chocolate fondue in a pretty bowl and then set that on the board.
- Build your piles of things like cubed cake, cookies, pretzels, sliced fruit, etc. around the bowls. Don’t be afraid to load up that dessert board. Top with candy like gummies and sprinkles to make the dessert board look extra festive and pretty.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chocolate Fondue with Kids
Our kids were huge fans of the Valentine’s Day dessert chocolate fondue board and took to dunking everything into the warm, melted chocolate fondue.
They made little dessert stacks and decorated cookies and marshmallows with the melted chocolate and sprinkles and just had the best time snacking and creating dessert.
Charcuterie Boards, Snack Boards, and Dessert Boards, Oh My!
Any time we’re entertaining, whether big or small, serving bite-sized snacks, buffet style or on a charcuterie board, is always a surefire hit. We’ve done everything from a Valentine’s Day breakfast board, porch picnic snack charcuterie board, an Italian family dinner charcuterie board, a make your own sandwich charcuterie board, to a create-your-own ice cream treat dessert board, and so many more!
The big, bold, delicious boards are always a success and a favorite gathering point at our parties and events. Kids and adults alike love choosing their favorites, piling their plate up high, adding in their favorite toppings and treats, and having fun with it.
So there you have it: our new dessert obsession (for Valentine’s Day and beyond); the Valentine’s Day Dessert Chocolate Fondue Board.
SHOP THE VALENTINE’S DAY DESSERT CHOCOLATE FONDUE BOARD POST | CLICK LEFT & RIGHT ARROWS TO EXPLORE
What about you; do you celebrate Valentine’s Day with a special meal or dessert? Have you ever put together a dessert board or giant snack plate for family and/or friends?
Love this simple and fun Valentine’s Day Dessert Chocolate Fondue Board idea? Check out all of our celebrations here (with plenty of ideas for at-home party fun!) and head to our recipe page to see what else we’re dreaming up in the kitchen! And if you put together your own Valentine’s Day chocolate fondue spread, be sure to tag me on social media (@glitterinclexi) so I can live vicariously through all of your sweet celebrations!