If you love brownies, and you love wine – because, who doesn’t love BOTH of those things? – you are going to love, love, love these fudgy red wine brownies.
Oh yeah, you read that right: red.wine.brownies.
Rough Monday? Have a brownie. Celebrating a special occasion? These brownies. Dreaming up the perfect treat for Valentine’s day? Seriously, for ALL of the occasions, it’s this ridiculously perfect brownie.
When it comes to fudgy red wine brownies, it’s two decadent worlds colliding – fudgy chocolate brownies and rich red wine – and it’s worth every chocolate-y wine-infused dreamy calorie. Dark chocolate is the star of the show here, but a subtle red wine flavor shines through in each heavenly bite.
You know when you stumble upon an idea, especially in cooking or baking, and it just works. As in, it REALLY works. These red wine brownies are one such recipe. The brownies turned out to be so fudgy and delicious – and of course, you can even taste the hint of red wine in all of the right ways!
This dessert would be oh so perfect for Valentine’s Day (or Galentine’s Day … ahem, remember last year’s ridiculously cute Galentine’s Dessert Party?), or even a girls night or special romantic date night.
Moist, rich, with just the right crispness to the top and edges – this recipe takes a truly brilliant brownie and infuses it with extra wine goodness.
Red wine brownies combine the best of both worlds - fudgy chocolate brownies and rich red wine. You're going to LOVE these.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup red wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8"x8" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. After the butter has melted, turn off the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Stir constantly until the chocolate is completely melted and combined with the butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, mix together the brown sugar and sugar. With the mixer still running on medium speed, slowly pour the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the sugars. Continue to mix and add in the eggs, one at a time. Beat for 30 seconds, until the color of the batter lightens.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, vanilla extract, almond extract, and wine. Beat for an additional 30-45 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for roughly 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting.
Love these fudgy red wine brownies? Head to our recipe page to check out what else we’ve been whipping up in the kitchen! And if you’re looking for more Valentine’s Day inspiration, why not try the perfect sugar cookies for decorating (we used pink rock candy!), throw together a last-minute date night (from the comfort of your sofa!), DIY the cutest mess-free craft with your little ones, make strawberry cheesecake macarons, big and fluffy homemade raspberry marshmallows, Oreo macarons, nutella-chocolate covered strawberries, marbled graham cracker toffee bark (a.k.a., graham cracker crack), or the best ever red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, or any one of these 14 favorite valentine’s day desserts?
If you make your own boozy brownies, be sure to tag me on social media (@glitterinclexi) so I can live vicariously through all of your sweet creations!
Recipe and Photos by Hope Woodhouse for Glitter, Inc.