Goodness, I can’t believe it’s that time already, but in the blink of an eye, November is in full swing and it’s time to roll out our annual gift guides. I always like to kick things off with the best thank you gift ideas, since the holidays are fast-approaching (first up, Thanksgiving), and with all of that comes dinner parties, get-togethers, and plenty of fun events. My mom always taught me to bring a little something special for the host or hostess to say “thank you” whenever you’re invited somewhere – especially something held at someone’s home – and I’ve always loved coming up with sweet thank you gift ideas. I mean, they are throwing a great party for everyone to enjoy!
When it comes to the right thank you gift ideas, I like to focus on things for the home – something your recipient wouldn’t normally purchase for themselves, though they’d love to have it – and I like to keep it under $30. Think of it as a little home splurge; i.e., a luxe candle that you probably wouldn’t buy for yourself but would be thrilled to receive. These thank you gift ideas also work really well for so many different people – favorite teachers, co-workers, etc.
I’m rounding up a few favorite things to gift this season, plus scroll down for my tried-and-true tips on how to find the perfect gifts to say “thank you.”
Gift Guide | Gifts to Say “Thank You” (Under $30)
2. Capri Blue Blue Exotic Blossom & Basil Candle, $37 ($25 off every $100 spent) – Capri Blue makes the best smelling candles! So worth the splurge.
3. Bath & Body Works 3-Wick Candle, $12.50 (on sale) – Loving the Bath & Body Works Camp Collection; and it’s totally affordable, and well under $30.
4. Williams Sonoma Checkered Adult Apron, $29.95 – This one comes in a bunch of different colors … and I want them all.
5. Marble Rolling Pin, $19.95
6. Primula Copper Coffee French Press, $19.99 (on sale)
7. Monogrammed French Linen Napkin, 4-piece set, $21 – Who doesn’t love something monogrammed?
8. Preserved Garden Boxwood Wreath, $29.95
9. Subscription to Food & Wine Magazine, $19.99
10. Felt Letter Board with 580 Letters, Numbers & Symbols, $23.99 – We have two letter boards – one big and one small – and I can’t stop decorating with them. Such a fun and cheeky way to add a little customizable modern art to your space.
11. Hanging Photo Display, $19.99 – How cute is this!?
12. OXO Good Grips Cookie Press with Stainless Steel Disks and Storage Case, $29.95 – Such a perfect gift for anyone who loves to cook throughout the holiday season.
13. Set of 2 Diamond Glasses in Gold and Rose Gold, $30 – Ummm, love, love, love.
14. You Look Good Doormat, $29
SHOP THE THANK YOU GIFT IDEAS POST (and then some!) | CLICK LEFT & RIGHT ARROWS TO EXPLORE
Do you have any favorite gifts to bring to the host or hostess? Maybe a go-to gift for occasions?
Here’s how to find the perfect gifts to say thanks …
- Bring something your hosts would truly enjoy. If they’re big foodies, a kitchen gift or homemade dish is always a winner; if they like to have fun, cute shot glasses or a cool decanter might be the way to go; if their home is always immaculate, a yummy candle or set of linen hand towels should do the trick; etc.
- Keep tabs on what your friends like or have expressed interest in. If they always compliment you on the coffee you serve, package up a bag of your favorite coffee with two awesome mugs; etc.
- Consider where they live. If your host/hostess call a tiny apartment home, don’t bring a giant basket full of stuff; if they’ve just moved into a new home, consider bringing them something you love for your own home, a new home specific item like this adorable new home candle, or something local to their new area; etc.
- Think about the whole family. Do they have kids or pets? Maybe there’s something the whole family would enjoy.
- Don’t spend too much. For your very best friends, you can of course spend a little more if you’ve found something extra-thoughtful, but trust me, a gift in the $10 – $30 range can be just as special.
This thank you gift ideas post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you so much for clicking through and helping to support this little blog business of mine! Read more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.