Move over campfire s’mores, these s’mores cookie cups, made with perfectly sweet and chewy graham cracker cookie cups topped with toasted marshmallows and rich and dreamy chunks of DOVE® Chocolate Bars, are giving the classic dessert a run for its money.
Already a tried-and-true staple at our parties, dinners, and family hangouts (and somewhat similar to these s’mores bars), these insanely good S’mores Cookie Cups were purely an invention of necessity.
You see, the s’mores bars are one of the desserts I get the most repeat requests for.
And the requests are CONSTANT. I mean, what’s not to love … okay, obsess over? These s’mores cookies are decadent and amazing and unique. And the best part is, they’re actually way easier to make than you might think i.e. more time to spend with my family and less time spent in the kitchen. The only hitch is, the s’mores cookie bars are pretty messy and can be kind of tricky to serve. I knew I needed to transform our favorite s’mores bars into something more portable, bite-sized, and party-ready.
And thus, the s’mores cookie cups were born.
With a bit of tweaking—the photos you see are actually my third batch (!!!)—because I’m a stickler for getting desserts absolutely right, these incredible S’mores Cookie Cups are the delightfully perfect result.
Each simple component to these S’mores Cookie Cups is delicious.
A surprisingly easy-to-make dough of flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and graham cracker crumbs comes together to make an incredibly moist, buttery, and subtly sweet cookie cup; a marshmallow, lightly toasted, adds that classic campfire taste; and the chunk of silky DOVE® chocolate on top is the pièce de résistance, making this dessert a total showstopper.
Choose Pleasure with DOVE® Chocolate Bars at your local CVS Pharmacy™ today. I found mine in the candy aisle.
Fun story about one of the first batches of these S’mores Cookie Cups:
Never underestimate the power of marshmallow fluff to run and drip and pool into puddles of sad, sticky marshmallow fluff soup. Leave the sticky fluff for the s’mores bars and instead, opt for perfectly toasted marshmallows to top your S’mores Cookie Cups. It will save you a lot of cookie cup heartache.
As for getting your marshmallows perfectly toasty, there are two ways to go about toasting your marshmallow.
You can either (a) top your warm graham cookie cups with a half of a marshmallow and a piece of DOVE® Chocolate Bar pressed in the center, and then lightly toast the marshmallow with a kitchen torch or (b) top your warm graham cookie cups with a half of marshmallow, put the tray of marshmallow-topped cookie cups in the broiler for just a couple of minutes, remove from the oven, and press in the DOVE® Chocolate Bar square on top of each toasted marshmallow center.
Either method works well!
So let’s talk about that recipe …
How to Make The Most Incredible S’mores Cookie Cups
S'mores Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Dove Chocolate Bars - milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- 1 bag of regular-sized marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease/spray your mini muffin tin. (NOTE: If you use a larger muffin tin - i.e., a 12-cup tin, you'll need to adjust the cook time and add a few minutes in the oven.)
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, fill each of your muffin cups with a scoop of the dough. Then using your fingers, gently press the dough into the cups. The dough will appear crumbly at first, but will come together as you press it into the cups.
- Bake for 10 - 11 minutes, until just lightly brown. They will look slightly under-done; that's what you want. When the cups are warm out of the oven, gently press the back of a teaspoon or small spoon into the center of each cup to allow a bit of room for the marshmallow and Dove chocolate.
- Break your Dove chocolate bar into squares/chunks. Cut your marshmallows in half and place one half of each marshmallow on the top/center of each baked graham cookie cup. There are two ways to go about toasting your marshmallow. You can either (a) lightly toast the marshmallow with a kitchen torch, and then press a piece of Dove chocolate in the center, or (b) top your graham cookie cups with a half marshmallow, put the tray of marshmallow-topped cups in the broiler for just a couple of minutes, remove from oven, and press in the Dove chocolate on top of each toasted marshmallow center.
- Allow s'mores cookie cups to cool before removing them from the muffin tin. To remove, gently pop each one out with a butter knife. Serve warm.
Don’t forget to cream your butter and sugar together well.
Your dough may seem crumbly, but don’t fret; just press it down into the cookie cups. They’ll come together even more once in the oven.
Once your cookie cups are baked, top them with your marshmallow half and either broil or torch the marshmallow, top with a DOVE® Chocolate Bar square, and enjoy!
Here’s a super helpful video with the step-by-step instructions to these incredible s’mores cookie cups:
By the way, if you loooove the idea of s’mores cookies but want something a little bit easier, try these s’mores cookie bars. Just as delicious, and a tad simpler to make.
If you make your own incredible s’mores cookie cups, be sure to tag me on social media (@glitterinclexi) so I can live vicariously through all of your sweet creations!
More Yummy Dessert Recipes from Glitter, Inc.:
Love this yummy s’mores cookie cups recipe? Head to our recipe page to check out what else we’re baking up in the kitchen!
Photos by Annie Timmons Photography for Glitter, Inc.