The 2017 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access officially starts TODAY, July 13th, at 12am PST/3am EST. This is one of THE sales of the year, and easily a favorite of mine. It’s also the kind of sale where items sell out in MINUTES. (Thankfully, Nordstrom does try to re-stock throughout the sale, so you’ve got to be on the lookout for your favorites.) What makes this sale so special is that the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is nothing but ALL NEW fall items that are marked down for a limited time. When the sale ends, the prices go back up to their original price. It’s a whole different kind of sale WIN knowing that all of the items you’re shopping are brand new, never been seen. Here’s what you need to know, plus tricks for scoring the best finds …
WHEN TO SHOP
If you’re a Nordstrom cardholder, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access starts on Thursday, July 13th. This means you must have a Nordstrom credit or debit card to access the sale online or preview it in stores. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens to the public a week later on July 21st and runs through August 6th.
THE PERKS OF BEING A NORDSTROM CARDHOLDER (PSST … SIGNING UP IS EASY!)
Hubby and I are really careful about what credit cards we’re willing to have. We actually only have two credit cards and one debit card total, and a few years ago, we decided to enroll for two more debit cards: a Nordstrom Card (in preparation for a Nordstrom Anniversary Sale when I was on the hunt for a new coat) and a Target Red Card. We’ve loved having both cards. The Nordstrom Card perks are pretty awesome, I’ve always loved being a Nordstrom customer because they treat you SO well (amazing return policy, free tailoring, etc.), and the benefit of early access to their biggest sale of the year, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, is enough to make it totally worth it in my book.
Shearling Collar Coat, $279.90 ($425 after sale) // T3 Hair Dryer, $134 ($200 regularly) // Tie Sleeve Top, $49.90 ($79 after sale) // Diamond MICHELE Watch, $929.90 ($1,395 after sale) // Double Zip Bootie, $105.90 ($159.95 after sale) – Love these!
Hunter Short Rain Boot, $119.90 ($185 after sale) – also in tall // Step Hem Ankle Jeans, $59.90 ($89.50 after sale) // Sunglasses, $79.90 ($120 after sale) // Lace Camisole, $22.90 ($35 after sale) // Belted Leather Moto Jacket, $469.90 ($705 after sale) – And I love this more affordable suede option!
Adidas Leggings, $25.90 ($35 after sale) // Pearl Mule, $59.90 ($89.95 after sale); also crushing on the Velvet Mule, also, $59.90 ($89.95 after sale) // Studded Sandal, $99 ($149.95 after sale) // Stretch Bootie, $79.90 ($119.95 after sale) // SPANX Hipster Panties, $15.90 ($24 after sale) – The Higher Power Shaper Panties are also on sale! // Cold Shoulder Sweatshirt, $45.90 ($69 after sale)
MAC Red Lip Kit, $36.50 (regularly $55.50) – The MAC Prep + Prime alone makes this SO worth it. // Earrings, $51.90 ($78 after sale) // Kite Chain Bracelet, $165.90 ($250 after the sale) // diptyque candle set, $55 (regularly $75) // Perforated Sneaker, $66.90 ($99.95 after sale) – Also comes in Silver. // Faux Fur Anorak, $109.90 ($168 after sale)
Bralette, $25.90 ($39 after sale) // Vince Camuto Over the Knee Boot, $159.90 ($239.95 after sale) // Mixed Media Sweatshirt, $45.90 ($69 after sale) // Open Knee Leggings, $42.90 ($65 after sale) – Zella makes THE beMixed Media Sweatshirst leggings, and the Live-In High Waist Leggings (have and love these!), All In Ankle Leggings, and Keep it Cool Crop Leggings are also on sale.
UGG Boot, $119.90 ($179.95 after sale) // Block Heel Sandal Bootie, $99.90 ($149.95 after sale) // Madewell Stripe Leather Tote, $129.90 ($198 after sale) – Love the updated design. // Natori Feathers Bra, $44.90 ($68 after sale) – One of my absolute favorite bras! // Nike Sneaker, $70.90 ($95 after sale) // Converse, $35.90 ($54.95 after sale)
*** I also have my eye on the Long Ribbed Cashmere Cardigan, $199.90 ($299 after sale), Rebecca Minkoff Leather Hobo Bag, $216.90 ($250 after sale) – this bag will last and last, this button-front swingy dress under $60, this black sheer bell sleeve smock dress for $35.90 (!!!), and this adorable Striped Dress, $65.90 ($99 after sale). I’m stocking up on my favorite seamless bra in every color because it’s just $11.90 during the sale! These Stuart Weitzman Elevated Over the Knee Boots, $499 ($799 after sale) are basically a total dream, the Steve Madden Thigh High Over the Knee boots are equally gorgeous and just $86.90, and if you’re on the market for riding boots, these Tory Burch boots are perfection. Tory Burch sandals and Tory Burch Ballet flats are also on sale! And I think this Barefoot Dreams Cozy Cardigan, $75.90 ($114 after sale) would be perfect for the hospital stay when we have baby girl number two!
WHAT TO BUY
I cannot stress enough how awesome it is to shop the brand new season, on-trend items. The best thing about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and probably why it is SO popular, is that the products sold are all new arrivals for fall. We’re talking new clothes for women, men, kids, and baby, shoes, bags, homeware, and all new collections, that have never been seen or released until now! I take advantage of the sale every year, and I’ve bought some of my favorite pieces through the sale. (Coats, boots, and bags are always my picks, but more on that below.)
For years, my mom, sister, and I, start by browsing the catalog (you can check this year’s catalog out here), and we really try to narrow down what we really need aaaand want for the upcoming fall and winter seasons.
So let’s break it down …
- Coats and Leather Jackets. Over the years, I think I’ve bought two coats that I have worn endlessly from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Jackets are the perfect thing to get during the sale, because all of the styles are brand new – a.k.a., perfect for the upcoming cold seasons – and coat and leather jacket options include best-selling brands like Vince, Mackage, Treasure & Bond, Alice + Olivia, Burberry, etc. that don’t normally go on sale … like, ever.
- Boots. Without fail, I always buy at least one pair of boots during the sale. This year the sale includes styles from Rag & Bone, Stuart Weitzman, Steve Madden, Sam Edelman, Dolce Vita, UGG, Sperry, Hunter, Rebecca Minkoff, and Vince Camuto (so many good styles from VC this year!) I always try to choose pairs that have a classic, streamlined look; i.e., a pair I can wear for years to come. Winter boots and cold-weather boots are also a great thing to snag at the sale, because they rarely go on sale and you’ll definitely need a pair once the snow starts falling.
- Handbags. This is the time to get your new fall/winter designer bag. Some of my favorite handbag brands on sale: Rebecca Minkoff, Madewell, kate spade new york, Frye, and Rebecca Minkoff.
- Sneakers + Activewear. I want ALL of the Nike styles this year. There are also some great options from Adidas. Plus so many cute leggings (buy anything Zella that goes on sale … the best, I tell you), sweatshirts and tanks.
- Sweaters. Oh, how I love a good sweater. Cashmere, wool, and luxe sweaters and cardigans … that’s the way to go during the sale. Keep an eye out for great finds from Eileen Fisher, Theory, Free People, Vince, and Halogen.
- Designer denim. I’ve bought some of my most-worn pairs of jeans at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in years past. Brands like AG, Current/Elliott, FRAME and Rag & Bone are included. Prices will be up to 40% off so the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is definitely the best time to stock up on denim for fall.
- Accessories. Without fail, I always find myself getting a new bra or pair of sunglasses. There are amazing deals this year on things like watches (MICHELE), wallets, and jewelry. The sales on designer sunglasses during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale are HUGE, and I’ve always loved Nordstrom’s selection of intimates, so the fact that my favorites (like Wacoal, Free People, Natori, Hanky Panky, SPANX, and Calvin Klein) are on sale, well, that’s just a win.
- Beauty. This year, there are some crazy good brand new beauty items on sale, like diptyque candles, Bobbi Brown palettes, Charlotte Tilbury Lip Duos, a T3 dryer, and MAC lip kits. (I have my eye on the Yves Saint Laurent Nude Lip Set.) Buy the fall season’s hottest scents and colors on sale; you’ll be thanking yourself later.
- Mens, Kids, and Home. The men’s shoes are insanely good this year – hubby actually has a pair of the Cole Haan Derby shoes in our cart as I write this. I love getting Scarlett a new coat and/or winter boots during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, these toddler and kids pompom sneakers, starting at $29, are darling, and you know I’ll be stocking up for the new baby girl too! Last year, I was blown away by what the home section of the sale had to offer: the coziest Barefoot Dreams blankets (we have one in every room of our house), the cutest decor, and an awesome selection of bedding and pillows. I’ll be doing separate roundups and mentions of my favorite products. So stay tuned here on the blog and on instagram (plus lots of fun behind-the-scenes on my insta stories!), facebook, and twitter. Follow along!
GO IN WITH A GAME PLAN
Think about what you need and want. Plan with the upcoming colder weather in mind. Remember that Nordstrom does try to restock some items, but many of the best and most popular deals will sell out FAST. Nordstrom has an amazing return policy, with free shipping and returns, so don’t be shy about ordering something, trying it out, and returning it if it’s not a perfect fit.
Check back here and on the Glitter, Inc. instagram, facebook, and twitter often for the best of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I’ll keep on sharing updates on my favorite finds, things I think will sell out fast, and the very best deals. For instance, today, Thursday, I did a HUGE shoe visit/try-on on my Insta Stories. Check it out! 💗
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you so much for clicking through and helping to support this little blog business of mine! Read more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.