I love a great fall cocktail or drink, and this pumpkin ginger bourbon punch cocktail is no exception. Pumpkin ginger bourbon punch cocktail, a play on the more classic Kentucky Mule, is quintessential fall.
With Halloween, Thanksgiving, and other fall gatherings on the holiday horizon, it’s nice to have a fun, seasonal punch cocktail recipe ready when guests arrive. Ever notice a signature cocktail can make a party or event feel all the more special?
As for this pumpkin ginger bourbon punch cocktail, the homemade pumpkin ginger simple syrup is the star of the show; and it’s topped with smooth bourbon and spicy ginger beer. What’s not to love? Make a batch or two of the simple syrup to keep on hand and you’ll be the hostess of the season!
Our awesome food contributor, Hope, dreamed up the recipe for this fall punch cocktail, and the result is amazing.
The pumpkin ginger simple syrup used to create this ginger bourbon punch is full of fall spices and makes any cocktail (or mocktail) taste like fall in a cup. The pumpkin flavor is present without being too strong for the drink. We love ginger beer in any drink, especially in the colder month. It adds a bit of warmth and spice and makes the punch cocktail cozy and comforting. The combination of the subtly sweet pumpkin ginger simple syrup, bourbon, and ginger beer tastes like a Kentucky Mule with an autumn twist. It is cinnamon-y sweet and warm with a touch of pumpkin and some heat from the bourbon and ginger beer.
We love serving this one on ice – crushed or one big cube – and of course, dipping the rim in cinnamon sugar to give the glasses a fun sparkle. It is delicious!
Pumpkin Ginger Bourbon Punch Cocktail
This perfect fall drink recipe - ideal for Halloween and Thanksgiving - combines homemade pumpkin ginger simple syrup, smooth bourbon, and spicy ginger beer. What's not to love?
- Pumpkin Ginger Simple Syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1-inch chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground allspice
- pinch of ground cloves
- Pumpkin Bourbon Punch
- 1 to 1 ½ ounces pumpkin ginger simple syrup
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- Lemon juice, for the rim
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for the rim
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, mix all of the simple syrup ingredients together and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring often. Strain the simple syrup through a sieve to remove the ginger root.
- On a plate or shallow dish, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Pour the lemon juice into another plate or shallow bowl and dip the rim of the glasses in lemon juice, then in cinnamon sugar.
- Stir (or shake) the bourbon, ginger beer, and pumpkin simple syrup together, pour into the rimmed glasses, top with ice, and serve!
How perfect would this be served at a Halloween or Thanksgiving celebration?
That cinnamon-sugar dipped rim adds such a festive (and sweet!) touch.
SHOP THE POST | CLICK LEFT & RIGHT ARROWS TO EXPLORE
Love this pumpkin ginger bourbon punch cocktail recipe? Head to our recipe page to check out what we’ve been whipping up in the kitchen!
If you make your own pumpkin ginger bourbon punch cocktail, be sure to tag me on social media (@glitterinclexi) so I can live vicariously through all of your delicious cocktail creations!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you so much for clicking through and helping to support this little blog business of mine! Read more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.