Make these absolutely adorable haunted Halloween eyeball chocolate cupcakes with our favorite easy crazy cake recipe. These easy-to-make cupcakes are perfect for your next spooky Halloween party!
Last but certainly not least in this year’s Halloween dessert lineup are these super easy and adorable haunted Halloween eyeball crazy cake chocolate cupcakes. You guys are going to love these super moist, totally delicious cupcakes.
These chocolate cupcakes are GREAT because crazy cake is absolutely super easy to make and produces a perfect cupcake (or cake) every single time. Foolproof cupcakes are my kind of cupcakes!
Crazy Cake is the Best!
You may remember Emme’s first birthday cake smash that we recently shared also used a vanilla crazy cake recipe that we’re huge fans of. If you’ve never heard of crazy cake, it’s time to hop on the yummy, easy cake bandwagon. Crazy cake is crazy good, dairy-free – though you’d never know it, SUPER SIMPLE to make, and wayyyyy better than a boxed cake mix (especially since it isn’t full of weird ingredients.)
Crazy Cake, also commonly referred to as “Wacky Cake” and “Depression Cake” (because the recipe actually dates back to the Great Depression) – has no eggs, milk, or butter, can be mixed and baked in one pan if you’re making a cake (rather than cupcakes), and still miraculously comes out super moist and delicious every single time. This is our go-to recipe for egg/dairy allergies and it’s a really fun cake to make with kids. Chocolate crazy cake in particular is so moist, rich, and decadent, and totally my personal favorite.
Crazy Cake Halloween Cupcakes
After you’ve whipped up a batch of perfect crazy cake chocolate cupcakes, top your crazy cake cupcakes with frosting and a spooky eyeball and you have a bunch of pretty darn cute Halloween cupcakes without all of the hassle of a whole lot of decorating. Spooky candy eyeballs = no design skills required.
I mean, come on, how fun are these?
And truly, these crazy cake chocolate cupcakes are super simple to make. These would be perfect for a Halloween party with friends, a kids party, Halloween cupcakes for school, Halloween night snacks, the list goes on and on.
How to Make Haunted Halloween Eyeball Crazy Cake Chocolate Cupcakes
Haunted Halloween Eyeball Crazy Cake Chocolate Cupcakes
Yield 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard size non-stick cupcake pan with cupcake liners. I like to lightly spray over the top of the muffin tin with non-stick baking spray to prevent sticking as well.
- In a mixing bowl or mixer, mix the first 5 dry ingredients in your bowl. Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients – two small, one larger. Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third larger depression. Pour water over all of it. Mix well until smooth.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full with batter. Bake on middle rack of oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Check the center of a cupcake with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before topping cupcakes with your favorite frosting. We used orange frosting and topped each frosted cupcake with a candy eyeball. Enjoy!
Oven baking times may vary, be sure to check your cupcakes to make sure you do not over bake.
By the way, these are the chocolate cupcakes we make for everything! They’re absolutely my go-to chocolate cupcake recipe.
Love this recipe for easy haunted Halloween eyeball crazy cake chocolate cupcakes? Head to our recipe page to check out what else we’re dreaming up in the kitchen! And if you’re looking for more spooky fun Halloween desserts, we can’t stop making these spooky ghost brownies, halloween “puppy chow” muddy buddies, homemade twix bars, oreo macarons, s’mores cookie bars, and this pumpkin cake with fluffy chocolate frosting.
SHOP THE HAUNTED EYEBALL CUPCAKES RECIPE POST | CLICK LEFT & RIGHT ARROWS TO EXPLORE
Photos by Annie Timmons Photography for Glitter, Inc.