Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars
Yield 18 bars
- 2 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted (or you can use canola oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, dark or milk works great in these (8 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish or line with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, add the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, melted coconut oil or canola oil, eggs and vanilla and beat until combined and the dough holds together (the dough will seem oily, this is good). Mix in about 1 cup of the chocolate chips and stir once more.
- Turn half the batter out into your prepared pan, pushing the dough into pan. Sprinkle on the remaining dark chocolate chips and then place the remaining half of the dough over the chips and press again. Some of the chips will most likely be sticking out and that is fine; don’t worry about it looking perfect. If desired you may even add more chocolate to the top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, just be sure not to over-bake. (I tend to bake for about 20 - 22 minutes.) Allow bars to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe by Glitter, Inc. at https://glitterinc.com/our-favorite-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookie-bars/