Candied Cinnamon-Roasted Almonds
These warm, fragrant and delicious candied cinnamon-roasted almonds taste JUST like the kind you get from a cart on the boardwalk, at a fair, or on the streets of New York City, but you can make these right in your own kitchen. They’re perfect for serving before a holiday party and even better when made in big batches for homemade gifts!
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 3 cups whole unsalted almonds (or pecans or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar (or 1/2 cup white sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line a baking sheet/pan with parchment paper.
- Lightly beat the egg white; add water, and beat until frothy but not stiff. Add the nuts, and stir until well coated.
- Mix the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg (optional, but highly recommended), and toss with the nuts to coat. Spread nut mixture evenly onto the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden. Allow to cool, then store nuts in airtight containers or jelly jars.
*This recipe is perfect for so many different kinds of candied nuts; we’ve done almonds, pecans, walnuts, and nut mixes of all three.
Recipe by Glitter, Inc. at https://glitterinc.com/how-to-make-candied-cinnamon-roasted-almonds/