Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Vanilla Glaze (Optional)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk or water
- 1-2 drops of vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8×8 inch square baking pan with either butter or baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition. Once all of the eggs have been added, beat on high until fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Add in 1/2 of the greek yogurt or sour cream and mix until just combined. Add another 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix on low to just combine. Add in remaining yogurt or sour cream and mix to just combine. Scrape down the sides of your bowl and add the last of the remaining dry ingredients and beat on low just until there are no lumps in your batter, being careful not to over-mix.
- With a spatula fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared cake pan and top cake batter with the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is light golden brown and the center of the cake springs back to the touch. Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least ten minutes (I know it's tough!) and then cut and serve in squares. The cake really is incredible warm out of the oven, so we never really let it cool for very long. 😉
- OPTIONAL Vanilla Frosting: Whisk together icing sugar and water until smooth. You want a fairly runny, pourable consistency, so add more water or icing sugar to achieve that. Pour the glaze over top of the cake and allow it to set while the cake cools a bit.
Recipe adapted via The Sweet and Simple Kitchen
Recipe by Glitter, Inc. at https://glitterinc.com/chocolate-chip-snack-cake/