The new hot hue, the nude lip, but in a warmer richer shade of nude, is at the very top of my beauty craves list. The nude lip has long been a classic. I adore the way bombshells like Scarlett Johansson and Angelina Jolie rock the nude lip. But a nude lip can be quite tricky. You want to achieve that perfect natural glow, balancing your skin tone and avoiding the too-pale look (danger zone for me). So I did my homework and rounded up the nude lipstick shades that everyone is raving about …
1. Tom Ford in Sable Smoke, $48. Although the priciest of the bunch, Tom Ford’s lipsticks have fast become the coveted lip du jour. And this shade in particular has the perfect amount and tone of beige for a nude lip that won’t wash you out.
2. Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in Nudist, $21. This shade is vivid and deep and packs a bonus plumping effect.
3. Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain in 7 Corail Aquatique, $34. I have fallen madly in love with YSL’s glossy stains. I’m currently addicted to their classic red – the scent, the coverage, the color, the long-wear ability, the perfect applicator. I have no doubt this nude-coral shade is meant to be.
4. Christian Dior Rouge Dior in Beige Indecise, $32. I’ve heard only good things about this shade. The brown undertone gives this shade a beautiful depth and allows this color to work for almost everyone. It also looks surprisingly natural but still sexy.
5. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Canotier, $34. Chanel lipsticks have always been a favorite of mine; for around $30 you get luxury in a bottle. And Chanel’s Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks are utterly luxurious. The shade, Canotier, is a perfect neutral with a smooth matte finish. The color is just right—not too pale, and great for day or night, with or without a dramatic eye (but I say, with!)
6. NARS Lipstick in Napoli, $26. This is the shade everyone has been talking about. Think of this shade as a tinted lip – it is on the sheer side with vitamin E in it which provides added moisture for your lips. The color is more of a nude/apricot and the finish offers a satiny/glossy lip that is understated yet polished.
Have you tried the nude lip yet? What shade(s) of nude do you swear by?