I wanted to give the traditional party-planning post a twist this year, by planning my dream holiday party for girls only. Sometimes it’s nice to just kick back and hang out with your girlfriends, and the holidays are a perfect excuse to bring your fabulous friends together. Plus, dreaming up a holiday party with a more feminine spin happens to be a whole lot of fun. I went with a color palette as the main holiday theme: metallics, pink and red. I would probably serve finger foods and a few very yummy indulgences; cue the chocolate-covered strawberries.
By the way, a fun and festive alternative to champagne for that holiday party? Sauza® Sparkling Margaritas; because what girl doesn’t love a very pink (a.k.a., the wild berry flavor), very sparkly margarita? I would also probably serve the pink margaritas over ice and topped with a few raspberries, similar to the signature Sauza® drink I dreamed up, here.
- Kate Spade Pop Fizz Clink Holiday Cards: Because every great party starts with a gorgeous invitation.
- Furbish Studio Python Tray: I collect trays the way some people collect coins or souvenir shot glasses. I can’t get enough. And this python tray is sophisticated and sleek … perfect for that girls night in.
- Sauza® Sparkling Margaritas: I love the idea of serving a signature pink sparkling cocktail for a girls night in holiday party.
- Rifle Paper Gift Tags: I love the idea of a gift exchange or secret santa at a BFF girls night.
- C. Wonder Gold Ikat Dessert Plates: The perfect excuse to scoop up these adorable gold ikat plates.
- Glitter Serving Set: It’s not a proper girls night without some glitter utensils.
- Gold Trim Agate Coasters: My blogger buddy, Jenn recently got me a set of these gold agate coasters and I cannot wait to throw my own girly bash to serve drinks (and squeal about my coasters!)
- Ban.do Hearts: This sequin heart hair clip/brooch would make the perfect party favor.
- Pottery Barn Glitter Alphabet Ornaments: It might even be cute to buy a glitter letter for each guest so that she can take her ornament home after the party to hang in her own home.
- Serena & Lily Gold Glass Ornaments: I just love these.
- Anthropologie Cheers Cocktail Napkins: The perfect party napkins.
For a relaxed twist to the girls night in, it might be fun to add a mandatory pajamas-only dress code, and include favorite holiday movies to the night’s events. Pink drinks, appetizers, desserts, and Love Actually (followed by The Holiday) … sounds like a perfect night.
By the way, you can connect with Sauza® on Pinterest, and check out the Sauza® Holiday Party video. I’ve created my own “Get the Party Started” inspired Pinterest board with a few party ideas as well. #SauzaSparkling @SauzaTequila
Sauza® Sparkling Margarita is our brand new, ready-to-serve sparkling margarita. It’s available in three delicious flavors: Original Lime, Mango Peach and Wild Berry. Now you can add a little more sparkle to your ladies’ night. Connect and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Sauza® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sauza®.
Black and white are two major staples in my closet, and in the cooler months, I practically live in the color combination. This Fall, I’m trying to throw in a pop of color, and I know I’ve stumbled upon a Fall accent color that is just right: blush. (Ahem: have you seen my new site design? I’m all for the soft blush paired with black, white, and charcoal. Swoon.) I’ve never been one to wear anything overtly pink – though I love the color and will buy office accessories in pink for days. But blush is subtle, it’s soft and warm, and when paired with crisp black and white, it’s chic, romantic, and ever-fashionable. The color palette also feels equal parts modern and classic, and is simple to throw together while still looking perfect.
Get the Look: Target Merona® Tassel Crinkle Scarf in Blush // Target Merona® Women’s Chunky Cardigan Sweater // Target TEVOLIO Women’s Lace Overlay Dress w/ Peplum Waist // Target Xhilaration® Juniors Lace Peter Pan Collar Fit & Flare Dress // Target Xhilaration® Juniors Pintuck Tunic // Target Mossimo® Women’s Scuba Fit and Flare Dress // Target Mossimo® Women’s Faux Leather Jacket w/ Studded Collar // A-Thread Heart to Heart Scarf // Clare Vivier Fold Over Clutch
The black and white pairing is the easy part, so to get started with the look, pick up a soft blush scarf or clutch, and you’ll look perfect and ready for a stylish winter.
(And, fun fact: almost all of these picks are from Target, so you can not only jump right on trend with Fall’s perfect color palette, but you can do it at a great price!)
Images 1 + 2
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.
As if I didn’t already love the short tulle wedding dress on this adorable bride. her bridesmaids are rocking some very cute hot pink dresses paired with mis-matched statement bubble necklaces and heels in varying pops of color. Even the groom got in on the action, rocking a hot pink bow tie.
Via Ruffled Blog // Photography: Brianna Venzke Photography, Lauren Alisse Photography, Natalie Bray Photography // Overall event credit: The NotWedding // Venue: The New Children’s Museum // Coordination: Couture Events // Floral & Event Design: Plenty of Petals (high tops and tables 1, 6, 8 and 10), Lazulie + Blithe (peacock tables and ceremony stage), Sweet Marie Designs (bouquets, boutonnieres, head table and tables 2 and 7) // Wedding Dress: M Bride // Makeup: Makeup by Shelby Wilson // Hair: Unveiled Bridal Beauty // Bridesmaid Dresses: Vee
This pink-hued strapless tulle wedding dress is sweet, and delicate, with just a touch of floral details along the belt … and utterly perfect for Summer.
Via Style Me Pretty // Photography: Jessica Burke // Floral Design: Lezlie Johnson // Event Planning: Karissa of Coastside Couture // Ceremony + Reception Location: The River House // Wedding Dress: Lazaro
I should just start titling these posts, “I like shoes … a lot”. These gorgeous ruffled sandals, spotted at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia are everything. I want to walk on a cloud of watercolor ruffles.
Via Style Bubble // Taken at the Romance was Born show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia