The holidays are fast-approaching, and with that comes dinner parties, get-togethers, and plenty of fun events. My mom always taught me to bring a little something special for the gracious host or hostess to say “thank you” whenever you’re invited to something – especially something held at someone’s home – and I’ve actually always loved coming up with sweet ways to thank these awesome party-throwers. They are, after all, throwing a great party for everyone to enjoy!
Read on to get my favorite tips for giving gifts to your favorite hosts and hostesses and be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for a chance at WINNING a $200 J.Crew Gift Card! (There will be plenty of fun giveaways throughout the holidays both here and on Instagram, so be sure to stay tuned in. ‘Tis the season!)
SHOP THE POST | CLICK LEFT & RIGHT ARROWS TO EXPLORE
Let’s Party! Scallop Plates //Marble and Copper Cheese Knives //The I Hate Kale Cookbook //Antique Bottled Long Fireplace Matches // Kate Spade New York Recipe Box // Say Cheese Slate Serving Board // Marble and Copper Ice Bucket // Make a Wish in Your New Home Candle // Golden Key Bottle Opener // White Berry Magnolia Wreath // Here’s To You Drinkware Set //Ines Cake Stand // Target Threshold Cable Knit Blanket // Celebrate Canvas Wine Bag // Lodge Antler Plate // Copper Oil + Vinegar Set // Marble and Copper Monogram Boards //Buffalo Plaid Pillow // Plaid Camp Casserole Dish
- Bring something your hosts would truly enjoy. (If they’re big foodies, a kitchen gift or homemade dish is always a winner; if they like to have fun, cute shot glasses or a cool decanter might be the way to go; if their home is always immaculate, a yummy candle or set of linen hand towels should do the trick; etc.)
- Keep tabs on what your friends like or have expressed interest in. (If they always compliment you on the coffee you serve, package up a bag of your favorite coffee with two awesome mugs; etc.)
- Consider where they live. If your host/hostess call a tiny apartment home, don’t bring a giant basket full of stuff; if they’ve just moved into a new home, consider bringing them something you love for your own home, a new home specific item like this adorable new home candle, or something local to their new area; etc.)
- Think about the whole family. Do they have kids or pets? Maybe there’s something the whole family would enjoy.
- Don’t spend too much. For your very best friends, you can of course spend a little more if you’ve found something extra-thoughtful, but trust me, a gift in the $10 – $30 range can be just as special, and you can easily keep it under $60.
And now for the awesome giveaway …
Prize: $200 J.Crew Gift Card
Giveaway organized by: Oh My Gosh Beck!
Rules: Use the Rafflecopter form to enter daily. Giveaway ends 12/5 and is open worldwide. Winner will be notified via email.
Are you a blogger who wants to participate in giveaways like these to grow your blog? Click here to find out how you can join a totally awesome group of bloggers!
Do you have any favorite host and hostess gifts to give? Any you love receiving?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you so much for clicking through and helping to support this little blog business of mine! Read more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.