It’s that time of year! Although the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale doesn’t officially start until July 22nd, Nordstrom debit and credit card holders receive exclusive access to shop the 2016 Anniversary Sale eight days earlier than anyone else starting today, July 14 – July 21. Last year, so many of the best sale items sold out during the early access period, so hop to it! If you’re not familiar with Nordstrom’s biggest sale of the year, it’s an annual event where Nordstrom puts brand new Fall merchandise on sale for a limited time (this year, everything goes back to full price on August 8th.)
And in case you don’t have a Nordstrom card, you can apply online for a card and it’s activated immediately. And if having yet another credit card freaks you out (trust me, I’m super paranoid about hurting my credit!), Nordstrom launched a debit option a few years back that connects right to your checking account. In other words, you get the Nordstrom card without the credit obligation. Let me tell you, this is one of the few cards I do have … the rewards benefits are insane; as in, I get mailed $20, $40, $60, and $80 vouchers to Nordstrom all of the time, plus early access to Nordstrom’s biggest sales … ahem.
WHAT TO BUY AT THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE:
The #NSale is the perfect time to stock your closet for fall and winter, so take a mini inventory of your closet, and decide where you’re lacking or where you’d like to update a bit with the latest trends. Every year during the Anniversary Sale, I buy at least one investment piece, whether that be a new coat, a handbag, a wallet, or a dream pair of boots. If you really look, some of the pricier pieces are marked down 40% or more. (And remember, these are NEW items that will go back to full price at the end of the sale.) An inexpensive way to add on-trend basics is by shopping Nordstrom’s Trend or BP department; so many cute, inexpensive finds there.
Every year, I stock up on a new coat for winter (just look at this leather wrap coat!), at least one or two pairs of the upcoming season’s most adorable boots (these over-the-knee boots and the fan-favorite Joie booties are topping my list, and I just bought these Vince Camuto booties under $100 that I fell immediately in love with when I tried them on in the store; so flattering and comfy!), everyone’s favorite bra – the Natori Feathers bras (that are never, ever on sale), one or two new pairs of Zella leggings (the best!), sunglasses (Hello, Dior!), jeans (loving this topshop pair under $50 and these Rag & Bone skinny jeans have been a long-time favorite), and things for the family, like a new pair of shoes for hubby, jeans for him, and a fall/winter coat for our little girl (Scarlett definitely needs these scalloped Ugg boots.) Plus, now that we’ve officially moved into our new home (pictures coming soon!), I know I’ll be shopping the home section obsessively. These Barefoot Dreams throws are an amazing gift (for you and for friends!), this chic pom pom quilt is on my wishlist, a new gardenia diffuser (it smells incredible!), this Moroccan wedding blanket inspired fringe pillow under $20, and a few adorable copper mugs just because. The trick is, deciding what to splurge on and what to stock up on.
Once you’ve found those investment pieces and on-trend items, these are the other things you should definitely consider snatching up:
- Designer Bags – During the #NSale, designer bags go FAST. That’s because brand new handbags from the likes of Tory Bursh, Burberry, Chloe, Kate Spade, and Michael Kors are marked WAY down. Bottom line, if there’s a bag you’re dreaming about, don’t wait. You can always return it if you change your mind!
- Outerwear – The cold seasons are coming, and Nordstrom has hands-down, the best coats. Brands like Vince, Burberry, T Tahari, Mackage, Theory, Joie, and Rag and Bone are seriously discounted, and the coats this year are fabulous. Trust me, I’ve already fallen down the rabbit hole.
- Jewelry and Watches – Watch and jewelry designers that are otherwise never on sale, typically mark down one or two of their bestsellers during the #NSale. (Think Michael Kors, Michele, Alex and Ani, etc.) Plan ahead and shop for holiday gifts now.
- Shoes – This is probably the section my mom, sister, and I shop MOST during the Anniversary Sale. The deals are just too good, and who can resist a few new pairs of shoes for the upcoming seasons? (Psst … the Stuart Weitzman Over-the-Knee boots are on super sale!) The Men’s shoe sale is equally incredible, so don’t pass it up. Brands to look out for: Stuart Weitzman, Frye (I find myself buying a new pair at least every other year!), Rag and Bone, Sam Edelman, Vince Camuto, Hunter, and Ugg. (and that’s just naming a few!)
- Athletic Wear – If you’ve been lamenting your ugly workout wear for months, now is the time for a (majorly discounted) upgrade. The athletic wear and sneakers this #NSale are adorable. Did you know Nike creates exclusive styles in a limited inventory just for the Nordstrom sale? And seriously, once you try a pair of Zella leggings you’ll never go back.
- Beauty Exclusives – Every #NSale the beauty deals seem to get better and better. Don’t miss this amazing section! Definitely trying this neuLASH® Lash Enhancing Serum (It is never, ever on sale.)
I may or may not have spent WAY too much searching through every category of the sale, and these are a few of my very favorite things …
What are you shopping for during the #NSale? Any amazing finds? Do share!
Be sure to visit my Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat for exclusive information about my favorite Early Access sale picks. I’ll be shopping the sale early and often and sharing sneak peeks along the way!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you so much for clicking through and helping to support this little blog business of mine! Read more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.