Mark your calendars: Father’s Day is June 19th, and it’s time to start planning. Let’s face it: Dads are tough to shop for. Once you’ve exhausted the traditional Dad gift list – you know: wallet, cologne, tie, repeat – it’s hard to find a truly special gift for Dad that you know he’ll love. (Of course things like no-iron dress shirts – we’re big fans of these – and classic boat shoes he’ll live in are still a solid standby gift in a pinch, but I love gifts that help make memories.) So I’m rounding up a few favorite unique Father’s Day gift ideas – some are things you can buy, some are fun DIY projects, and some are events or things to do – all are sure to be winners. Happy planning!
1. LegacyBox: Surprise Dad by converting boxes of old photos and VHS home videos into digital memories. LegacyBox uses state-of-the-art equipment to digitize and transfer photos and videos to DVDs and CDs, breathing new life into old mementos and preserving them for generations to come.
2. Beer Tour: Take Dad on a tour of a local brewery. We recently went to Bull City Brewery in Durham for a tour and hubby was like a kid in a candy shop. Well worth the $5 admission.
3. Marshall Bluetooth Speaker: There’s not a music-loving Dad around who wouldn’t adore this vintage-inspired speaker. It connects via Bluetooth or with the auxiliary coil cord, and the brass details and luxe analog knobs are a total throwback.
4. DIY Bacon Kit: What Dad wouldn’t want to make his own bacon?
5. Smartphone Instax Printer: Now Dad can actually print all of those photos he’s always snapping on his Smartphone. It connects via WiFi and offers a variety of templates to print from. So fun.
6. Cook Him Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch/Dinner … really, anything, and he’ll be one happy Dad. (sausage and brie puff pastry)
8. DIY Pour Over Coffee Maker: Because pour over coffee is all the rage, and also, because, coffee.
9. Classic Docking Station: The most ingenious nighstand or desk caddy for Dad’s glasses, keys, wallet, even a spot to charge his phone.
10. Car Track T-Shirt: I mean, how cute is this? Clearly, my own hubby needs one of these.
What are your plans for Dad this Father’s Day?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you so much for clicking through and helping to support this little blog business of mine! Read more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.
(A version of this post was previously published on Glitter, Inc.)