Oh yeah, you read that right: we finally went on a little Spring break! (Family style!) So with Spring (and our much-needed vacation) and the help of Tampax, I’ve started making plans for how I’m going to do a bit of much-needed spring cleaning, and one of the major ways I’m getting Spring-ready is by giving my purse a little makeover; or rather, make-under both for the season ahead and our trip. It is Spring, after all! Time to soak up the sunshine, get out of the house, and have a bit of fun! So when it comes to my Spring bag, I’m packing only the essentials – all the things to keep this busy girl on the go: sunglasses, a few beauty essentials to beat the heat, tech, and my trusted Tampax Pocket Pearls. I mean seriously, are these not the cutest little tampons? They’re adorable, easy to use, small and convenient.
Hubby and I also planned and took that little getaway for our family of three (more on that soon!), and I loved the idea of packing just what we need – both because it’s easier on me (and really, hubby too … poor guy always gets stuck holding my handbag. That’s love!) and because I need plenty of room to buy stuff! That’s what Spring break is for, after all. Well, that and piña coladas.
I’m really narrowing down what I need in my purse — I guess that’s kind of the beauty of switching to a new Spring-worthy bag. It keeps you on trend and forces you to clean out all of those heaps of squished receipts and extra lipsticks. That way, you’re left with only your spring must-haves. Perfect!
A few key things in my Spring purse:
- lip balm
- Tampax Pocket Pearl (Perfectly convenient!)
- sunglasses (always)
- matte powder
- face and eye brightener (bareminerals Well-Rested Brightener is a miracle worker!)
- a lipstick in a neutral shade(loving this Nars shade in Cruising – such a great nude!) and a lipstick in red for the perfect pick-me-up! (Chanel makes my favorites!)
- eye drops
- a headband (in case of warm-weather hair emergency)
- iPhone and charger
- wallet and checkbook
- a bottle of water
- minimergency kit (i.e., Band-Aids, safety pins, bobby pins, etc.)
- a spare nail polish (chipped nails drive me crazy)
- snacks (I’m such a fan of KIND bars and Justin’s Almond Butter and Peanut Butter Squeeze Packs!)
Are you doing a bit of Spring cleaning this season? What about Spring break? What are your Spring purse essentials?
SHOP WHAT’S IN MY BAG / CLICK LEFT & RIGHT ARROWS TO EXPLORE
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Tampax through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Tampax Pocket Pearl, all opinions are my own.