Maybe it’s because we’ve recently moved to North Carolina from a very big city where all I ever experienced were Christmas-light-topped palm trees, but I can’t stop myself from falling in love with pinecones and pine trees and branches. Branches, I tell you. I mean, I’ve actually found myself stopping in my tracks, mid-conversation, to bend down and pick up an acorn. I then cradle my precious acorn the whole way home, just to add it to a table setting or pinecone display on my kitchen counter. I am a crazy person. Basically, this year, I’m bringing the outside inside and going full-out nature-inspired with my holiday decorating.
Admittedly, I started decorating our home for the holidays before Thanksgiving this year for a Winter Wonderland shoot, and then again just after Thanksgiving, because I just can’t help myself. Since I really played with all of the sparkle the first time around, I’ve leaned more towards a nature-inspired set-up this go-around.
Tips for a Nature-Inspired Holiday Décor:
- Sometimes evergreens look best all on their own (sans ornaments); arrange them in galvanized buckets, crates, and orchard baskets to keep them looking rustic but chic.
- The same goes for wreaths – simple and unadorned can make just as much of an impact.
- You can also use tree clippings and pinecones, fallen branches, and berries, loosely arranged, to gussy up your fireplace mantle or dining room table.
- Use those same items in hurricane vases and bowls in various places around your home, like on a dining room, coffee table, end table, or in a guest bathroom.
- Look for unexpected places to bring in touches of nature, like into the bedroom with a fresh garland or bowl of pinecones.
Now onto the inspiration (a.k.a., eye candy) …
Rustic Holiday Winter Dining Room via min lilla veranda
Natural Christmas Table via Sweet Something Design
DIY Blue & White Olive Holiday Wreath via 100 Layer Cake
Snowflake Table Runner and Rustic Holiday Pinecone Display via HGTV
DIY Natural Wreath Chandelier via an-magrit
Pinecones on a Windowsill via Glitter, Inc.
Natural Christmas Garland in the Bedroom via Country Living
Branches with Ornaments in a Rustic Tin Burlap Bucket for the Holidays via French Larkspur
DIY Joy Door Decal and Natural Wreath via The House That Lars Built
Christmas Dining Room Table for the Holidays via Liz Marie
Christmas Garland on a Doorway via Matchbook Magazine (Issue No. 22)
Natural Holiday Table Setting via Tending the Table
Wood-Burned Snowflake Ornament via Cherished Bliss
Holiday Rustic Living Room Design via Liz Marie
Mini Christmas Trees and Trimmings on the Front Porch for the Holidays via Country Living
SHOP THE STORY / CLICK LEFT & RIGHT ARROWS TO EXPLORE
See my HOLIDAY board on Pinterest for even more inspiration!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you so much for clicking through and helping to support this little blog business of mine! Read more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.