Now that I’ve started styling little parties and shoots here and there (more on that later!), I’ve learned the importance of a great backdrop for beautiful backgrounds.
A simple backdrop can really transform a wedding or party. For instance, with just a flamingo print sheet hung up as a backdrop, this flamingo-inspired birthday party is totally transformed, and the pictures are oh so cute.
A few Clever Ways to Use a Backdrop to Transform a Party or Wedding:
- a backdrop for the dessert table or drink station;
- the bride and groom photographed in front of a great backdrop is pure gold! (They can even get married in front of the backdrop as a makeshift wedding arch/arbor);
- as a room divider (picture pretty hanging flowers to separate a large ballroom space);
- as an entrance or exit to and from a ceremony;
- and of course, for adorable photo booth style photos.
Which brings me to this white wax paper hanging backdrop – which you can make yourself. It’s incredible how strands of wax paper circles can look so magical, but there you have it.