This post is promoted by Target.
The summer sun can be harsh. We’ve only been in North Carolina a few weeks, and already I’m amazed at just how hot it can get here. Don’t get me wrong, Miami was hot (year-round), but the sun just beats down on you here in North Carolina. In the midst of the crazy weather, I’m searching for the best products to beat that melting-in-the-heat look. Anything that can offer that quick pick me up that will leave you feeling like a summer goddess; that’s what I want.
These are a few of my favorite Summer beauty essentials:
- First up: Pixi Glow Mist, exclusive to Target, and my new best friend. This stuff is your skin’s new magic potion. Pixi Glow Mist is an all-over glow mist that gives you a radiant, dewy effect; i.e., glowing, luminous and smooth complexion in a bottle. Enriched with 13 natural oils plus propolis, aloe vera and fruit extracts, you can use it before makeup to hydrate and protect, after makeup to set and add that dewy finish, really anytime to refresh, hydrate, and get that summer glow.
- I also can’t stop using the Maybelline Face Studio™ Master Glaze™ Glisten Blush Stick in Coral Sheen. (Exhibit A.) The color is delicate and dewy, but can be layered for maximum “pow,” especially after a long day at the beach, when you need just a touch of something to brighten up your skin. The creamy blush formula is created with liquid shimmer pearls and shea butter that just glides on and provides blendable blush color and smooth, even application. Because it’s in stick form, it’s also the perfect makeup on-the-go. I find myself throwing this blush stick in my purse almost every morning. Totally my summer go-to.
- L’Oreal® Paris Elnett Hairspray has long been a favorite of mine. It’s the stuff most hairstylists will tell you is their holy grail. This is the hairspray that holds, adds volume, and that satiny soft-to-the-touch finish.
- Sparkly nail polish that goes on quick, adds a fun bit of shine to your outfit (without being too glittery … not that I believe there is such a thing!), and is just perfect for summer. Have and always will love OPI. (Check out the full list of my favorite nail polish colors for summer, here.)
- Last but not least, I top my summer out-the-door look with a wide-brimmed hat to protect my skin from the harshest summer rays and, of course, to stay stylish in the heat. On my last trip to Target, I scooped up not one, but two hats for summer – this wide-brimmed hat with braided sash and this adorable straw cloche hat (because choosing between the two felt nearly impossible, and because, really, who can ever just run into Target for just one thing?)
Also, not to self: trying to shoot photos of your makeup while holding a little one: not the easiest of feats.
Find your style @targetstyle