I practically jumped for joy (okay, there was definite jumping involved) when I heard that Sally Hansen was rolling out their own line of at-home gel manicure products. Ever since the advent of gel manicures, I’ve saved my pennies to get as many gel manicures in the salon as justifiably possible. But they can get pricey, and I’ve always been an in-between manicure at-home mani kind of girl. And now my gel manicure obsession can be fully realized, because I’ve scored myself a brand new at-home gel manicure starter kit.
The Sally Hansen Salon Gel Polish Gel Manicure Starter Kit makes an at-home gel manicure so easy.
Here’s my own little step-by-step:
1. File, shape, and clean nails and cuticles.
2. Completely clean nails with the nail cleanser pad to remove any excess dirt + oil. (If any excess dirt is left on the nails, the gel polish won’t stick properly.)
3. Shake the bottles well before use. Paint a thin first coat, the clear base coat, evenly onto each nail.
4. Insert hand into LED lamp (4 fingers of each hand at a time, then thumb), press button, and cure for 30 seconds (light will turn off after 30 seconds.)
5. Shake the bottle well. Apply a thin coat of your color (no.2) evenly onto nails, dry in the LED lamp, paint a second coat, and dry again in the lamp. (Remove any gel from the skin around the nails prior to placing hands in the LED lamp.)
6. Once you’ve painted two even coats of color onto your nails, paint a clear coat and dry all fingers in the LED lamp once last time.
Then, take a deep breath …
7. And use a nail cleanser pad to wipe nails – this removes any leftover sticky residue. (It’s also slightly terrifying to rub a remover/cleansing cloth over your just-manicured nails, but I promise it stays put! Ahh, the beauty of gel nails — instant dry manicure.)
My nails feel silky smooth, the finish is shiny and luxe, and so far, they pack serious staying power. #impressed
Sally Hansen’s Salon Gel Polish™ is a professional at-home gel system that delivers the salon experience at a great value. Compared to regular nail polish, this gel polish gives you high-gloss, mirror shine color that lasts for up to 2 weeks without dry time, chipping and smudging. It’s never been so easy to get a salon manicure at home – saving you time and money! Get up to 10 gel manicures in a starter kit! Disclosure of compensation (at the bottom of your post):
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Sally Hansen via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sally Hansen.