Today I’m caught in a daydream/mild-panic. There are so many things I have to get done, but all I can do is dream about what Summer must be like outside, the things I’d like to accomplish, the writing I’d like to get done (without the telephone ringing, the deadlines, and the nerves.) I’m having one of those days. I need a cookie.
Instead I’ll share some pretty pictures …
Images: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4
I absolutely love a sweet summer beach wedding. Photos taken at the beach are always stunning, and even if the pictures are done after the wedding – all the better – because what bride doesn’t want to kick off her shoes and play in the sand?
On to the dress: I wish I could find out more about this image – the bride, the wedding, the decor – but for now, this picture, and that dress, were too beautiful not to share this week. I’ve never been a huge fan of sleeves, particularly on formal gowns, but when it comes to this dress, between the fitted bodice, full skirt, crystal detailing at the neck, and perfect beach setting, I’ve quickly become a fan.
Image found on A Bit of Bees Knees // This dress was hand crafted by Melissa Blackburn. You can contact her here.
This simple cake really stole my heart with its pink-and-gold arrow and pink confetti. And the icing on this wedding cake is the ease with which it could be re-created for not a whole lot of money. (And trust me, by the time you get to the cake, your wedding funds are getting pretty low!) A bakery can easily put together a simple tiered white cake for you, then using a bit of DIY skills (or not so many at all*), sprinkle confetti around the rim and secure a funky arrow through the top (you may want to ask the baker for help on this one!)
*Check out my post all about arrows and either DIY your perfect cake arrow or buy one of the many hand-crafted pretties on Etsy!
Image via Hostess Blog
I’m kind of obsessed with leather shorts right now, and these Kelly Bergin perforated leather shorts (now on sale!) have the perfect sporty look for summer (oh yes, I will most definitely continue to wear leather through the Summer … rebel, rebel.) As you can probably tell, I’m also a huge fan of mixing metals. Go boldly.
1. Rag & Bone Adeline Color-Block Chiffon Top // 2. Steven Alan Blazer // 3. Kelly Bergin Perforated Leather Shorts // 4. Sam Edelman Yelena Sandals // 5. Illesteva Leonard Round-Frame Sunglasses // 6. Gorjana Graham Leather Wrap Bracelet // 7. Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color // 8. Deborah Lippmann Dancing in the Dark Nail Polish // 9. Zara Graduated Colour Clutch
The colors of this wedding are fantastic: plum, nude, peach, taupe, and grey. They’re also delicate enough to work in any season – Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. And the fashion itself – I am SO in love. Each bridesmaid rocks a very vintage, very chic variation, using the wedding’s warm color scheme. The bridesmaids all have on gorgeous patterned tights in cream, black, and grey; some bridesmaids wore patterns, some wore sleeves, one fabulous bridesmaid even rocked a cream romper! This is mismatched bridesmaid styling at it’s best.
Not to mention this fashion-forward wedding was actually held at an airplane hangar — check out all of the wedding images on Once Wed.
Images via Once Wed // Photography: Tec Petaja // Bride’s Dress: The Couture Closet // Jewelry & Shoes: Anthropologie
Summer is here and I have a few big and small trips planned (happy dance!), so I thought I’d make a packing list of carry-on essentials. I don’t know about you, but my carry-on bag is ever-important. In addition to carrying-on my passport, itinerary, and all of the important documents, I require entertainment, warmth, good snacks, and the best in traveling skin-care (think Proactiv®)!
A few of the flying and travel essentials:
- — A great big carry-on bag – the glitzier, the better.
- — Sunglasses – for take-off, arrival, and looking all-around glamorous in between (with or without sleep).
- — Friendship bling.
- — A chic scarf to keep warm.
- — Plenty of reading material.
- — Cell phone (can’t leave home without it!)(plus a fashionable case.)
- — Snacks. (I’m a big granola fan!)
- — Passport (plus a pretty passport holder – so you don’t lose it, of course.)
- — Proactiv® Makeup Removing Cloths (because you should never sleep in your makeup and good skin is vital for looking fabulous on your summer vay-cay! Plus, these convenient little wipes are air-travel friendly, smell great, and keep your skin clean and refreshed, sans blemishes.)
- — Chapstick, because it tends to get dry on flights.
- — Socks — flights are cold!
- — Minimergency Kit.
- — Headphones. Necessary for long-flight-survival.
Proactiv® also sells their skincare line in travel size – check out the mini maintenance kit! So cute!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Proactiv®. All opinions are my own.