I recently got my very own copy of Glamour Magazine’s 100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know: Engagement Chicken and 99 Other Fabulous Dishes to Get You Everything You Want in Life. Written by Cindi Leive, the editor-in-chief of Glamour, this cookbook is chock full of Glamour‘s most-loved, best-reviewed dishes, all designed to get you exactly what you want in life, exactly when you want it. And the best part: all of the recipes are written with your real life and real needs in mind, a.k.a., not too tricky.
My first target: “Win Friends and Influence People Cookies.” The title won me over. The cookies won everyone else over.
My attempt in pictures …
And the end result – ooey gooey perfection. Although, the batter was so incredible I was hardly inclined to bake these. But upon baking (and much to my hubby’s dismay – who 5 minutes into the process had chocolate batter all over his hands and face … he’s 28), the final product was perfection. Seriously, these cookies could win over the wicked witch of the west.
Win Friends and Influence People Cookies, the Recipe:
Makes about 48 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375. Position the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the vanilla until combined. Add the flour mixture and combine thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the mixture onto un-greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 8 minutes, until puffy and the bottoms are golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets about 2 minutes, then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.