Always a fan of vintage couture, I am especially fond of the vintage designer clutches popping up on bloggers’ fashion rotations.
Thrift and vintage store hunting is a blast, but I have a soft spot for Ebay, and so I hunted like a mad woman for every brand of vintage clutch and found some real treasures.
On your vintage Ebay hunt, think outside the box:
- Use different search terms: “clutch” works, but don’t forget to try “pouch,” “pochette” (for LV), “cosmetic case/bag” (or “makeup” or “toilette” or “toiletry”)
- Go search crazy. Try other designers: Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Goyard, Fendi, Burberry, Coach, Chloe, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, etc.
- Choose the “Save Search” option and Ebay will e-mail you when new items with the specifications you are searching for pop up.
- Don’t be afraid to inquire about the item’s authenticity … and ask again.
- Bidding is addictive. Set a bar for yourself, and don’t go over your limit – you’ll regret it later.
- Check out a seller’s reviews before you buy. If the seller is at a 95% and above, go for it. And if the seller frequently sells vintage items – bonus!